Determining the best choices for employee benefits can be a complicated and worrisome process for employers. Benefits Administration 101 is typically not part of any degree program in human resources, yet human resources managers and other office personnel are often tasked with the job.
You could hire an independent benefits consultant to review and analyze your plans and make a recommendation for your next steps. Did you know that you may already be paying for a benefits consultant but not getting any consulting services?
Does your current agent…
- seek to understand the role you want benefits to play in your strategic plans?
- bring you options that fit within your strategies?
- have experience with fully-insured and self-funded plans?
- represent several carriers?
- explain the plans well and educate you and your employees?
- reduce your total cost of benefits?
When doing a thorough job, your benefits insurance agent will get to know you and your company and work with you to design a program that complements your strategic direction. Talk to your agent to learn more about how he or she can help you maximize the investment you’re making in your benefits plans.