Home Page Group Health Individual Health Business Insurance Home and Auto Insurance

Blog By:  Dustin Lano

Did you ever put a battery in your pocket and carry it around for a while? DON’T!  It could cause an injury.

If you have keys, coins or other metallic objects in your pocket and there is contact between the battery terminals and such objects, you may get an unpleasant surprise. The contact creates a short circuit which causes a drain on the battery. This makes the battery get very hot.

With a little luck, you’ll feel a burning sensation on your leg and remove the battery before something worse happens. Something worse would be acid leaking from the battery or an explosion, neither of which you want to experience. People have suffered painful injuries from such happenings.

Nine volt batteries are probably the worst because the terminals are only about ½ inch apart. What touches one could easily touch the other. But a good rule to follow would be to never put a battery in a pocket, purse or anywhere else where it might touch metal objects.

Posted 8:46 AM  View Comments

Share |


No Comments


Post a Comment
Name
Required
E-Mail
Required (Not Displayed)
Comment
Required


All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Required
CAPTCHA
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
 
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive


View Mobile Version
HomeClaimsGet A QuoteContact Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube Powered by Insurance Website Builder
174 Center Street | Winona, MN 55987
O: 507-452-3366 | TF: 800-657-4448
975 34th Avenue, Northwest Suite 302 | Rochester, MN 55901
O: 507-424-4400 | TF: 800-657-4448